ABOUT IRVING PARK
Irving Park is an almost 4 square mile area of Greensboro just north of downtown and Fisher Park and is considered a North Carolina classic. The development of Irving Park began on April 3, 1911, with the incorporation of the Greensboro Country Club. Irving Park was born from the ideal that rural environs were superior to that of the city. This ideal tapped into evolving concepts of recreation, density, zoning, exclusivity, nature, and aesthetics. The result was the development of a planned, heavily restricted, and landscaped community that set a standard for suburban development in Greensboro for the next century. Additionally, Irving Park was among the earliest communities in the region to integrate a recreational golf course into the plan of the neighborhood.
The most popular and active communities within Irving Park are Old Irving Park, New Irving Park, Kirkwood and Brown Town- although some properties are clearly in Irving Park but are more ambiguous as to which section. For example, the homes on the Princess Ann Street are not considered as part of one of these 4 sub sections but are incredible homes typically on approximately two acres and valued starting at $1M and going up to about $4M in value.
All of these sections were developed in different periods throughout the 1900’s and into the early 2000’s. Each neighborhood section goes into further detail about each area, their appeal, and community events. The boundaries of Irving Park are considered to be N Elm St, Pisgah Church Rd, Lawndale Dr, and Wendover Blvd. The public schools are Irving Park Elementary (located in Old Irving Park), Mendenhall Middle School (located in New Irving Park) and Page High School, across North Elm from Brown Town.